Preparing for a Job Interview: Where to Start?
Where to search for useful information?
- company’s website;
- social media profiles;
- Branded page on employment websites* – look if such a page exists and what the company presents;
- articles about the company in newsfeeds and profile portals;
- former or current employees reviews;
- information from consultant of recruiting company in which you have applied.
What do you need to know about the company for the upcoming interview?
- What products/services does the company offer?
- Who is the final consumer of the company’s products/services?
- Company’s geographic location in your country and abroad.
- Who are the main competitors of the company?
- Is the company part of a bigger association?
- What are the company’s history, goals and mission?
- What is the potential growth of this company’s specialty?
- Is the management stable or is there fast turnover?
- What are employees’ attitudes toward the company?
- What kind of attention does mass media give to this company?
- What kind of reviews do employees write about?
Bring serious statements of interest:
- opportunity for career development,
- gaining of useful experience,
- solving of new challenging tasks,
- growth prospects, etc.
*the largest employment website in Uzbekistan: hh.uz